X5105 is a complete "grab and go" station in a ruggedly-stylish compact enclosure. Fits comfortably in your hand, yet it delivers all the powerhouse features normally reserved for a full-sized HF transceiver. Going on a trip? Leave the accessory bag at home - everything you need is already built in. Just toss up an antenna and you're on the air!
X5105 is a complete “grab and go” station in a ruggedly-stylish compact enclosure. Go ahead, pick it up! Fits comfortably in your hand, yet it delivers all the powerhouse features normally reserved for a full-sized HF transceiver.
Going on a trip? Leave the accessory bag at home – everything you need is already built in. Just toss up an antenna and you’re on the air!
Here are some of the X5105’s advanced features:
- Large back-lit multi-function LCD display screen
- Transmit on all bands, 160 through 6 meters including 5 MHz
- Receive with gap-free coverage from 500 kHz to 54 MHz
- Operate on all modes (USB, LSB, CW, AM, FM, and Digital)
- Selectable IF bandwidth (500-Hz CW, 2.4-kHz SSB, 6-kHz AM)
- Built-in DSP, noise blanker, and notch filter to suppress interference
- Robust 600-mW AF-output with high-pass and low-pass audio EQ
- Deluxe multi-function keypad-microphone included
- Low-profile controls, heat sink, and desktop stand all built in
- Powerful 3800-mAh battery for extended “off-the-grid” operation
- More antenna choices using the built-in auto-tuner (ATU)
- Scan-feature displays band activity and plots antenna SWR
- Built-in Data Modem with CAR and AFC tracking, onscreen display
- Built-in auto-keyer with three memory channels plus CW trainer
- Adjustable SSB with speech-processing compressor
- Regular firmware updates are free, on line, any time
- Compact: 6-5/8Wx3-5/8Hx1-7/8D”, weighs 2.1 pounds with battery X5105 comes with features other manufacturers miss, like back-lit low profile control switches
Conveniently spaced for adult-sized fingers, and a highly-visible 3.6-inch back-lit LCD that displays all aspects of it’s operation.
Even the VFO is different, with a unique counter-sunk tuning knob and an unusually wide range of tuning rates (you even get velvet-smooth 1-Hz stepping to lock in data signals).
DX splits are easy to set up, and the wide-range RIT has a precision digital readout for surveying adjacent channels.Transmit power is adjustable from 0.5 to 5.0 Watts in calibrated half-Watt increments, perfect for operating QRP, running miles-per-watt tests, or setting the correct drive level for an external amplifier.
You even get a built-in data modem with both CAR (carrier) and AFC (frequency) tracking — plus an onscreen spectrum display. And, when on the road, you can leave your antenna analyzer home because the X5105 plots SWR graphically. Add the wide-range impedance-matching capability of the built-in ATU, and the X5105 can put you on the map from virtually any location.
When receive conditions get rough,the X5105 comes with a powerful toolbox for cutting interference and pulling stations in. There’s a sensitive pre-amp to boost weak signals, a front-end attenuator to reduce overload, noise blanking (NB) for impulse noise, digital noise reduction (DNR) for atmospheric noise, variable notch filtering (NF) for pesky heterodynes, adjustable AGCRate (AGC), built-in CW filter, plus variable high-pass and low-pass audio-EQ filtering. And lots of spare audio-output power for driving an external speaker.
In transmit, CW contesting is a breeze! Get variable-speed automatic keying, plus three programmable message channels. For SSB contesting, theadjustable speech processor scores extra points. Deluxe electret keypad microphone places the radio’s advanced features at your fingertips. A mic is also built-into for walkie-talkie operation.
Power the X5105 from any regulated 9-15 volt 3-amp DC source or go “off grid” for up to 8 hours using the powerful built-in 3800-mAh Lithium-ion battery pack. Charging is simple because the radio’s power-management circuitry continuously monitors battery condition and fully controls the recharge cycle.
Factory tested, complies with FCC rules, and has one year warranty.
|Bands:||10m / 12m / 15m / 160m / 17m / 20m / 30m / 40m / 60m / 6m / 80m / Wideband RX|
|Modes:||AM, CW, FM, USB, LSB|
|Minimum RF output (watts):||0.1|
|Maximum RF output (watts):||5|
|Minimum operating voltage:||9|
|Maximum operating voltage:||15|
|Battery capacity (mAh):||3800|
|Connectors:||BNC, Line Out, Microphone, Morse Key, ACC Port, Speaker Out, CAT|
|Year of release:||2018|